OCEAN TO WATERFALLS OVERVIEWIndicative Package Pricing (Per Person Sharing – Including all Airport & Hotel Taxes)
Economy Class Inbound Flights
Private Luxury Vehicle Transfers
3 Nights Accommodation in Cape Town Hollow in a Standard Room
1 Night Accommodation in the Michelangelo in a Superior Room
3 Nights on-board the Rovos Rail in a Pullman Suite
3 Nights Accommodation at the Kingdom in a Standard Room
2 Nights on the Zambezi Queen in a Standard Suite
₤ 4 300 ex London
€ 5 600 ex Paris
€ 5 600 ex Frankfurt
$ 6 600 ex New York
R 82 3050 ex Johannesburg
Economy Class International Flights
Economy Class Inbound Flights
Private Luxury Vehicle Transfers
3 Nights Accommodation in 12 Apostles in a Classic Room
1 Night Accommodation in the Michelangelo in a Executice Suite
3 Nights on-board the Rovos Rail in a Deluxe Suite
3 Nights Accommodation at the Royal Livingstone in a Standard Room
2 Nights on the Zambezi Queen in a Master Suite
₤ 6 300 ex London
€ 8 100 ex Paris
€ 8 100 ex Frankfurt
$ 9 600 ex New York
R 124 000 ex JohannesburgLuxury Safari Highlights
This package takes you up close to the Smoke that Thunders!
Our Victoria Falls packages have been designed by our travel specialists to deliver matchless experiences while catering to your every need. This travel experience combines flights, airport transfers, accommodation in select Hotels and Resorts and hand-picked activities and experiences in select World’s Ultimate destinations.Cape Town
Cape Town is the quintessential melting pot – it is a city alive with creativity, colour, sounds and tastes. While walking through the city’s streets and meeting its people, you will fall in love with its natural beauty, creative freedom and incredible spirit. Cape Town’s most distinctive feature is its stunning setting – it lies on a dramatic coastline of pristine white beaches and icy waters, overlooked by the iconic flat-topped Table Mountain. Rovos Rail
Since its establishment in 1989, Rovos Rail has earned an international reputation for its truly world-class travel experiences. Step aboard the wood-panelled coaches – classics remodelled and refurbished to mint condition – and enjoy fine cuisine in five-star luxury as some of the most varied scenery imaginable unfolds beyond the windows. In a series of train journeys lasting from 48 hours to a month, the Pride of Africa links some of Africa’s greatest destinations from Cape Town at the tip of Africa to Dar es Salaam in Tanzania, from scenic splendours as diverse as the game reserves of Mpumalanga to the Victoria Falls, from the desert landscapes in Namibia and the stark beauty of the Karoo to the lush cane fields of KwaZulu-Natal and the magnificent Garden Route along the Cape south coast. The trains – which may be hauled by steam, diesel or electric locomotives at various stages of the journey – carry a maximum of 72 passengers in 36 superbly appointed suites. Victoria Falls Journey
Relive the romance of a bygone Africa on a nostalgic expedition to one of the seven Natural Wonders of the World. Experience a 1600-kilometre journey through truly African scenery as Rovos Rail’s luxurious train meanders westwards through Mafikeng into Botswana and then north towards Mahalapye, crossing the Tropic of Capricorn just after Gaborone. Once the train has passed through Botswana it arrives at Plumtree in the late afternoon for border formalities with Zimbabwe. Continuing in a northwesterly direction, the train passes Bulawayo heading towards Thompson’s Junction and Hwange Game Reserve, where animals can be spotted from the train. The surrounding area offers travellers many recreational activities including cruises, whitewater rafting on the Zambezi River as well as superb game viewing and photo safaris. Depending upon the railway’s capacity this journey could be routed northwards through Beitbridge and Zimbabwe. Victoria Falls
The Victoria Falls, the world’s largest waterfall and a UNESCO World Heritage site, is one of the greatest attractions in Africa. It is located in the Zambezi River, which forms the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. It is the only waterfall in the world with a length of more than a kilometre and a height of more than a hundred metres. The noise of Victoria Falls can be heard from as far as 40 kilometres away, while the spray and mist from the falling water is rising to a height of over 400m. The water level varies throughout the year with its peak in April, at the end of the rainy season and its lowest level in October and early November. World’s Ultimate Activities
Our hand-picked activities allow you to discover the essence and heartbeat of each World’s Ultimate destination and can be organised on a shared or private basis. Below are a few suggested activities:
– High Tea at the Royal Livingstone: The Royal Livingstone’s Traditional High Tea is as famous and celebrated as the Hotel itself. Offering a tempting selection of cakes and confectionaries against the backdrop of the roaring Victoria Falls, the Royal Livingstone High Tea Experience is a thrill for the senses.
– Sundowner Cocktails overlooking the Victoria Falls: African sunsets are legendary and so much more a sunset right over the Victoria Falls. The Royal Livingstone’s two Sundecks, located right on the Zambezi River, offer unrivalled views of the river and the thundering Victoria Falls.
– Zambezi Spectacular Flight: The Zambezi Spectacular helicopter flight takes you on the traditional “Flight of Angels” and over the Batoka Gorges. You will witness first-hand the metamorphosis of a gentle river into raging rapids as the river, 1,7km wide at the Victoria Falls, cascades 120 metres before being compressed by a granite gorge a mere 40 metres wide. End your flight with game viewing over the Zambezi National Park. Many of the traditional African species including elephant, buffalo, hippo, lion, crocodile and giraffe roam these plains.
– Bungee Jump: With the largest curtain of falling water in the world as your backdrop, there is no better scene to take a bungee jump. It promises to be the ultimate thrill above the raging rapids and misty gorges of the Zambezi River.
– Bridge Swing: For the adventurous traveller, take the step off of the Victoria Falls Bridge into the Batoka Gorge on the bridge swing. You will freefall over the Zambezi River in an upright position for 80 metres and then swing as a human pendulum in a huge arc side-by-side with the magnificent waterfall.
– Bridge Slide: Step onto the platform on the Zambian edge and glide on a zipline over the rapids of the Batoka Gorge below. Your aerial view of the Victoria Falls will be nothing less than spectacular. Your 300 metre journey comes to an end as you stop on the Zimbabwean side of the bridge.
– Elephant Back Safari: Choose to take a breakfast or sundowner Elephant back safari, a unique way to interact with these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat. You will experience the close bond between each elephant and its personal Induna or elephant handler. They live with the elephants on a permanent basis and have a keen understanding of their character traits and habits.
– River Rafting: Embark on the ultimate adventure starting directly below the Victoria Falls and continuing through the infamous rapids named “The Overland Truck-eater”, “The Mother”, “Gnashing Jaws of Death” and “Oblivion”. They were aptly named to instill fear into any rafter. Your experienced guide will steer you through this adrenalin rush as you conquer the rapids of the Zambezi. Zambezi Queen
Located along the banks of the great Chobe River, the Zambezi Queen offers world-class sophistication in one of the most remote locations on earth. With only 14 suites, the Zambezi Queen is as unique and adventurous as it is comfortable and elegant. In fact, it is unsurpassed in all aspects and the last word in Luxury African River Safaris. Each suite features air-conditioning and a private balcony, offering unobstructed views of the river and vistas. Enjoy remarkable game viewing from the comfort of your bedside.Whether dining on the upper deck restaurant while watching the animals gather at dusk, doing a water-based river safari from one of our private boats, or attempting to land your first tiger fish, our professional team will be on hand to meet your every need. Unlike a land-based lodge, the ZQ allows for an entire stretch of river to be explored from a vantage point making for incredible game viewing. World’s Ultimate Accommodation
World’s Ultimate Experiences offers accommodation that will ensure that you experience the best of your chosen destination. Below are the hotels that we offer – Other hotels or resorts of your choice not featured on our website can be quoted on, should you wish.
Other African Packages
This is our Suggested Itinerary which can be tailored to your exact requirements to make this a unique World’s Ultimate Luxury Safari.DAY 1DAY 2-3DAY 4DAY 5DAY 6DAY 7DAY 8DAY 9 & 10DAY 11DAY 12DAY 13Travel to Cape Town
As your international flight touches down, our representative will greet you as you step into the terminal building and assist with immigration.
A Luxury Airport Transfer awaits to take you to your chosen World’s Ultimate Luxury Hotel, located at the world-renowned V&A Waterfront, where you can unwind for the rest of the day.
Choose from the following Hotels
Now you will be able to sit back and enjoy South Africa’s beauty.Cape Town Activities
Whether you are interested in a cultural, adventure, shopping, nightlife or just an all-round unforgettable experience of a lifetime, we can design a bespoke luxury travel package to suit your every need. Plan your own itinerary by choosing to include any of the optional excursions that we offer in Cape Town to make your stay more memorable and glamorous.Travel to Johannesburg
Fly to Johannesburg where you will overnight at the luxurious Michelangelo Towers located on Nelson Mandela Square in Sandton City – the richest square mile in Africa. The hotel is a beacon of Renaissance architecture that exudes status and success towering over the Sandton skyline. You will have easy access to the finest restaurants and shops that Johannesburg has to offer.Rovos Rail Journey Commences
Embark on a 3 night adventure aboard the Rovos Rail – the most luxurious train in the world – departing from the Pretoria train station at 9h30. The train travels through the goldfields of Johannesburg and alongside the Magaliesberg Mountains while you enjoy lunch. Dinner is served as the train travels to Mafikeng for Botswana border formalities and an overnight.Rovos Rail Day 2
Sit back and relax in your opulent suite or indulge in breakfast while the train travels North through Botswana’s capital city, Gaborone. The train crosses the Tropic of Capricorn and makes its way to Plumtree for Zimbabwe border formalities and an overnight stop at Mpopoma.Rovos Rail Day 3
The train departs from Mpopoma and travels along the eastern edge of Hwange National Park, a rich and diverse wildlife haven. This is one of Africa’s longest stretches of straight railway line – 114km. Arrive at Kennedy Siding in the afternoon and enjoy a game drive at The Hide. The overnight stop will be at Thompsons Junction.Arrive at Victoria Falls
Upon arrival you will be transferred in a private luxury vehicle to your chosen resort where you will stay for the next 3 nights. Indulge in fine dining; enjoy adventurous outdoor activities or just relax on the hotel deck as the sun sets over the breathtaking Victoria Falls.Excursions on the ZambeziZambezi Queen
Take a road transfer to Kasane where you will be transferred to the Zambezi Queen for the last 2 nights of your journey. Experience the best of luxury and elegance together with the thrill of an African bushveld adventure aboard this luxurious floating hotel.afari on the Luxurious Zambezi Queen
Enjoy water-based game viewing and bird watching from tender boats as well as spectacular sunsets from the deck of the Zambezi Queen.
LUXURY SAFARI RESERVATION FORM